Scroll Down for video
- Dr. Keith Mortman’s ( Chief of Thoracic Surgery ) rendering shows the damage COVID-19 does to your lungs.
- Patient from: George Washington University Hospital
- Late 50s,
- Initially had a fever and a non productive cough like many other people.
- Based off the patient’s catscan
- Yellow color on the model is the lung being destroyed by COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- “It’s quite alarming to see, in all honesty. Because unlike your garden variety pneumonia that might affect only one small part of the lung, or unlike the common flu, what you’re seeing in this video is really the widespread diffuse damage to the lung,” Mortman said.